Please read this important information before downloading the iSee client
iSee VC is an Australian technology which:
- has been approved by the Department of Education for school and corporate use. It has been deployed to department and school owned devices and can be downloaded to BYOX or home devices.
- utilises departmental authentication (sign in and identity management) and security processes
- places a user's live video-feed from a web-camera into a virtual school environment and allows users to interact with other approved users; and
- allows a departmental staff or teacher to record the live session to a local drive for educational purposes. Recording will not be used for any other purpose. Recordings will not be disclosed without consent except as authorised or required by law.
Using iSee requires specific and limited user identification information to be automatically disclosed to iSee VC Pty Ltd and held within an approved server specifically for Department of Education Queensland.
iSee VC Pty Ltd is a private Australian company that stores the registration information in an Amazon Web Services datacentre in Sydney, Australia.
The information collected through departmental authentication and the subsequent use of iSee VC is:
- User's Name,
- User's department email address
- User's department MIS ID
When a user signs into the iSee for the first time they are automatically registered using the information above.
The user's participation in a live session of iSee may be recorded within this platform to a local drive but this recording can only be accessed by DoE staff and only used for the purposes of reviewing lessons or training or providing support to students or staff who may miss a session. The recording will not be used for any other purpose or disclosed without consent except as authorised or required by law. Only DoE teachers and staff have the ability to use the record function. If student use of the record function is required for a specific learning activity, consent will be gained by the teacher or session coordinator.
Parental/Guardian consent is required for the use of iSee by students, unless the student is considered mature or independent under section 426 of the EGPA.
The Department of Education's information and communication technology (ICT) network and facilities, including iSee are available for approved purposes.
When using the Department's ICT applications you must act at all times lawfully and in line with the rules that apply to you. For
Students – please refer to the Student Code of Conduct for your obligations and the
consequences of non-compliance, or ask your teacher for more information.
Staff – you must comply with the Code of Conduct, Standard of Practice and
department policies and procedures. You must not access systems or use
information if you are not authorised to do so.
Unauthorised use including being disrespectful, a bully or harassing may result in disciplinary action being taken against you.
Note for Students: Written parental consent via the approved consent form is required before students can access and utilise iSee unless the student is considered mature or independent under section 426 of the EGPA.